Step Stool Turned DIY Cat Tree - Easy Does It - HGTV. Transform a step stool into the ultimate sensory playground for cats with brushes, fringe and more.
Get step-by-step instructions: https://www.hgtv.com/design/make-and-celebrate/handmade/diy-cat-condo?soc=youtube
two-tier solid wood step stool
small shag rug
thick jute rope or twine
cotton embroidery thread
(2) boar bristle beard brushes
assorted cat toys
1. If your wooden step stool is unfinished and you want to jazz it up with a bright hue, make sure to use non-toxic, pet-safe paint. Do this step at least 24 hours before starting the condo transformation.
2. Create a comfy lounge spot by adding a small shag rug to the top step of the stool. Use scissors to cut the rug to size, then attach it to the stool with a staple gun.
3. Using pet-safe adhesive, attach a boar bristle brush to the front two legs of the stool.
4. Wrap thick jute rope around the back two legs, extending the rope to the top of the stool.
5. Cut two-inch-wide strips out of a soft, worn t-shirt. (You may need two or three t-shirts for this.) Then, double-knot the t-shirt strips around the side rails.
6. Use cotton embroidery thread to attach an assortment of cat toys to the stool. We used catnip-filled fish, feathers and bells to complete the look.
Find more great content from HGTV:
HGTV YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/hgtv
Subscribe to HGTV on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=hgtv
Follow HGTV on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/hgtv
Like HGTV on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/
Tags: Step Stool Turned DIY Cat Tree - Easy Does It - HGTV, diy cat tree, diy cat condo, diy cat tower, step stool, upcycling, repurpose, pets, crafts, diy, how to, easy does it, hgtv